If you are going to invest in a long-lasting, custom deck, invest in a long-lasting steel deck frame.
Create a strong, straight, flat, and safe (Class 1A fire rated) frame with steel deck framing. Pressure treated lumber has changed: old growth to new growth, treating process and unpredictable characteristics of the lumber. Sometimes the lumber is extremely wet or dry, which can change the dimensions. When and how it dries can cause shrinking, warping, and twisting. These characteristics can be eliminated by using a Galvanized Steel Deck Frame
Benefits of Steel Deck Framing
- Longer span allows for fewer posts and less obstructed views
- Straighter = no warping
- Consistent dimensions mean a level and flat finished surface
- Non-combustible material has a Class 1A fire rating
- Rot and termite proof steel will last much longer than wood
- Very little waste. The steel is delivered to the job site pre-cut.