Metal Deck Railings
There are many advantages to using a metal railing when building your dream deck:
- Cost effective – over time, the metal railings will save you money in repairs and maintenance.
- Low maintenance – once installed, a railing constructed entirely of metal will not require sanding and staining as is needed with a wood railing.
- Warranty – metal railings usually come with a 15-year limited warranty (aluminum railings may offer up to a lifetime warranty). The limited warranty also “covers cracking, peeling, and blistering of the finish”.
- Easily customizable – manufacturers offer numerous options in railings, railing tops, balusters, post caps, etc., giving you seemingly unlimited ways to customize your railing.
- View- because metal railings are typically built using thinner balusters than wood railings, this allows for a less obstructed view. Also available are cable and glass railing options, which provide an even better from your new custom built deck.